Are you looking for a part-time job? Many students maintain part-time positions throughout their time at AOMA and beyond. If you're looking for work in Austin, use our Part-time Work Guide. You can download the guide here.
On this page, we list job opportunities for acupuncturists that have been sent directly to AOMA by local, national, and international sources. We list at least 50 of the most recent job postings, so please note the date before each job description and contact employers directly to ask if positions are still open. AOMA has partnered with Resumes for America to bring you a free resume tool. Resume Builder assists you to create an effective and professional resume by providing expert tips, writing examples, and helpful suggestions. The software also comes with a cover letter builder, thank you letter builder, and more. For all students registering for the first time or returning students logging in, visit the free resume builder now and sign in with your university issued email address.
If you have a job opportunity or practice for sale that you would like to see listed here, please contact the Career Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 4/28/17, Acupuncturist (Fertility-Focused), Winter Park, FL
Lifting Individual and Family Expectations (LIFE), Inc. - Winter Park, FL
Apply through Indeed.com
Job Type: Independent Contractor or Limited Partnership Opportunities
WE ARE EXPANDING OUR SERVICES FOR A MORE HOLISTIC APPROACH!!! OUR FOCUS IS ON FERTILITY SERVICES.
Lifting Individual and Family Expectations (LIFE), Inc. is excited to be adding new services that will allow for a more holistic approach to treatment. We are a mental health counseling agency seeking other holistic practitioners who are looking for a collaborative and supportive environment in which to work. This opportunity is ideal for the highly skilled, experienced and regarded practitioner in the field of fertility treatments who would like to work in a private practice setting.
We are looking for fully licensed/ certified independent professionals or potential limited partners who can provide services in the following areas: reproductive counseling, fertility, trauma, grief/loss, anxiety and/or depression. You must be experienced in treating client's with infertility. Our goal is to support couples through a holistic approach in order to balance their mind, body and spirit in their quest to achieve the gift of having children either naturally or through the use of IVF/IUI.
If you are experienced and get results we are looking for:
- Acupuncturist * Must be knowledgeable in formulating Chinese herbs, electro therapy, fertility abdomen massage, moxa (home use only)
- Naturopathic Physician
- Massage Therapist
- Nutrition Specialist
- Registered Dietician
- Reiki Practitioner
- Yoga Instructor
Advantages of working with LIFE, Inc.:
- Collaborative Environment: Work in a professional environment with other practitioners from multi-disciplines, providing continuity of care and a holistic comprehensive approach for clients.
- Client/Patient Referrals : We encourage you to bring in your own patients/clients. We will refer clients/patients to you through marketing, advertising, and professional web presence on the LIFE, Inc. website and social media accounts. Printed promotional materials will be sent to our referral sources.
- Administrative Support: Includes answering/making calls, scheduling, professional reception, record keeping, patient collections at the time of service.
- Flexibility : As an independent contractor, you can select to work part time or full time hours according to your schedule within LIFE office hours. Part time is equal to a minimum of 20 hours a week or full time is equal to 30 hours a week. You must be flexible to accommodate the needs of fertility patients undergoing IVF/IUI. Embryo transfers may fall on the weekend and may require you to be available to provide acupuncture treatments on the day of before and after the embryo transfer.
- Independent Contractor Relationship: This is an independent contractor relationship. Practitioners will receive a contracted fee for service provided to each client. In a limited partnership role you would pay us a monthly rate. Limited partnership role will be discussed further with serious candidates only. LIFE, Inc. will work collaboratively with the other practitioners to ensure clients receive a holistic approach through mental health therapy and other holistic services offered at LIFE, Inc.
- female and male fertility: 5 years
- 4/28/17, Space for Rent, Pleasanton, CA
Beautiful office space available in Pleasanton, CA.
This is located in a wellness center in a very convenient location close to downtown Pleasanton. Great opportunities for cross referrals.
There are three large rooms available plus access to full front office and break room.
We are an Integrative Health Center in operation for 19 years. We are looking for more Holistic/Integrative practitioners to rent space at our Center and grow their own businesses.
MDs in all specialties, DOs, Naturopaths, Ayurveda, Acupuncture, Nutrition, and other health practitioners, therapists and healers are welcome!
This is a beautiful space with multiple exam and therapy rooms available for full time rental.
The office is at Good Chiropractic And Wellness Center at 4133 Mohr Ave, Suite I Pleasanton.
You can call James at (510) 590-6137 for more information.
- 4/27/17, Oncology Deparment - Acupuncturist, Grand Junction, CO
Oncology Department - Acupuncturist
Provide professional acupuncture services in the St. Mary's Regional Cancer Center through assessment, planning, intervention and evaluation of clients. Meet the needs of clients and the multi-disciplinary team through communication, coordination, and documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health.
- Provides active input to the development of ideas and action plans to improve the scope of work.
- Perform acupuncture on selected cancer patients based upon evidenced-based acupuncture principles.
- Assess, treat, and evaluate clients of Integrative services within the scope of the Acupuncturists Practice Act for the State of Colorado.
- Communicate effectively with an interdisciplinary team including client, family, physician, referral sources, team members, peers, support staff and management through written and verbal means.
- Document according to department policies and applicable regulations.
- Facilitate the delivery of age related care skills as defined by area patient population.
- Assist in creating a calm and healing environment for clients and staff.
- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and requirements.
- The attached Job Description details the essential duties and responsibilities of your position. The list below is also considered to be essential functions of your position and all associates within SCL Health are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time
- Be available to work overtime, if needed
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact and follow the SCL Health Service Behaviors
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role
- Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policies
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks
- Graduate of an accredited or approved school of acupuncture or traditional Chinese medicine with a minimum of 2500 hours of training required.
- Three (3) years of experience practicing as an acupuncturist preferred.
- Registered acupuncturist in the State of Colorado required.
- Technical Competencies
- Completes basic and core specific competencies /skills by the end of orientation.
- Ongoing demonstration of unit specific competencies/skills, including patient charting in an Electronic Medical Record.
- Demonstrates clean needle technique
- Demonstrates understanding of medication reconciliation when prescribing Chinese Herbal formulas.
- Support SCL Health Vision and Mission.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all business/work information.
- Demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed the reasonable expectations of all customers and coworkers as defined and communicated by SCL Health.
- Demonstrate an ability to function successfully in a team environment.
- Accept responsibility for continuous quality improvement and cost management.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, and the ability to work as an integral member of the health care team.
- Remain flexible in all aspects of work-related actions, including flexing hours as required by business need.
- Promote and adhere to all SCL Health policies and practices.
- Accept responsibility for professional development.
- Demonstrate ability to prioritize, organize, and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrate ability to problem solve through critical thinking.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with adult and geriatric patients.
- Recognize responsibility as an agent of SCL Health and in all matters acts accordingly.
PREFERRED CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
- Acupuncturist with experience in an integrated clinic or healthcare setting, specifically an oncology clinic, is preferred.
- Experience with public speaking and presentations preferred.
Organization: St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
Primary Location: CO-Grand Junction
Department: SMG-Medical Oncology-PBB
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 4/22/2017 11:02:22 PM
Job Number: 17002912
- 4/27/17, Acupuncturist, Ontario, CA
Administers specific therapeutic treatment of symptoms and disorders amenable to procedures, as specifically indicated by supervising physician: Reviews patient's medical history, physical findings, and diagnosis made by physician to ascertain symptoms or disorder to be treated. Selects needles of various lengths, according to location of insertion. Inserts needles at locations of body known to be efficacious to certain disorders, utilizing knowledge of acupuncture points and their functions. Leaves needles in patient for specific length of time, according to symptom or disorder treated, and removes needles. Applies other physical medicine procedures/modalities as appropriate for presenting conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Taking a detailed case history, which may typically involve questioning patients about their condition and all aspects of their physical and emotional health and history, lifestyle and diet, and sometimes taking their blood pressure
- Explaining the diagnosis and treatment to the patient and responding to their questions and concerns
- Treating by inserting fine needles into the skin at particular locations to stimulate the energy flow along meridians (energy channels) and the body's own healing response;
- Apply additional physical medicine treatments as necessary for patient progress or as prescribed by referring providers
- Assessing patient progress through questioning and examination, and reviewing treatment plans if necessary
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- anatomy and physiology
- diagnostic skills and methods
- acupuncture points, life energy (chi or qi) and health
- acupuncture techniques and treatment (including traditional methods)
- physical medicine techniques and treatment
- Graduation from an accredited acupuncture program in the United States.
- A combination of six to twelve months of directly related training and/or experience is typically required
- Current, valid, unrestricted license to practice allopathic or osteopathic medicine in the state.
Apply through this link.
- 4/27/17, Community Clinic Acupuncturist, Wilmington, NC
Community Clinic seeks L.Ac. for 4 clinic sessions/week plus private patients
First and only community clinic serving Wilmington, N.C., a gorgeous seaside community which is rapidly expanding. We frequently have waiting lists for our clinic sessions. There is a potential to treat patients in a neighboring community as well.
Busy practice seeks L.Ac. to take over 4 clinic sessions (3 hours each, 8-10 patients/session) per week, plus build private practice (all new referrals will go to you except fertility/women’s health which are my treatment specializations).
Independent contractor, commission split. Renewable contract for 6 month terms.
- Graduated from accredited acupuncture school with herbal training
- NCCAOM licensure
- NCALB (North Carolina Acupuncture Licensing Board) licensure or application pending
- Initial phone interview in May, travel for in-person meeting by June
- Relocate to N.C. to begin work summer 2017
- Interest or training in community-style acupuncture (or willingness to quickly learn)
- Interest in functional medicine testing and nutraceutical supplements
- Willingness to make community contacts and form strategic partnerships (I will handle advertising and promotion, but you will still need to get out there and hustle).
Interested candidates please email resume and cover letter to: alison (at) capefearacupuncture.com
See what we do at capefearacupuncture.com, we are on Facebook too!
- 4/26/17, Space for Rent, Austin, TX
Infinity Wellness Center is looking for a heart-centered, patient-oriented acupuncturist to rent out their acupuncture room in South Austin.
You will be working alongside three amazing holistically-minded chiropractors and two bodyworkers in this warm and classy clinic space. We are looking for someone to rent out the room on a part-time basis. Rent is $450/month and will give you 24hr access to the clinic and room on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Shelving space, furniture, massage table, door key, and building access key are provided. This room is shared by the head chiropractor and owner, Dr. Tenesha Wards, who uses this room on M, W, F.
This is a great and easy-to-find location off Davis and Mopac between Slaughter and William Cannon. The clinic is situated in a professional stone-faced medical building on the first floor and is wheelchair accessible. If you are interested, please call/text Dr. Tenesha Wards at: 281-808-1982 or email her at: dr.tenesha (at) gmail.com.
- 4/21/17, Space for Rent, Austin, TX
Beautiful treatment room available three days a week in great NW Austin location.
It is fully furnished within a building that has a full herbal pharmacy, waiting room and bathroom. Very reasonably priced. For more information, call Janet Cook at 512-826-1164 or email janetcookwellness (at) gmail.com.
Janet Lee Cook, M.S., L.Ac.
Licensed Acupuncture & Chinese Herbs
8303 Shoal Creek Boulevard
Austin, TX 78757
- 4/21/17, Practice for Sale, Weatherford, TX
Acupuncture practice for sale-Weatherford, TX
Practitioner is looking for the right person not the right price. This is a thriving 17 yr. practice located in the downtown center of Weatherford, a rapidly growing community just outside Fort Worth. The office has 5 treatments rooms with 4 treatments room fully furnished and ready to treat. The 5th room is contracted to a massage therapist. There is a laundry area with appliances, linens, a reception area with chairs included in the price. net is $150,000 per yr. A large referral base from patients, doctors, chiropractors etc. Practitioner is willing to help with the transition.
Call Cherie at 817-988-0141 or email at elevenkendal (at) hotmail.com.
- 4/19/17, Director of Postgraduate Doctoral Programs, San Francisco, CA
CIIS Hiring Full Time Faculty
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,600 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine. In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS, and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs & Performances division, including workshops, concerts, and conferences. The University provides low-cost mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning counseling and acupuncture clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
The Director of Postgraduate Doctoral Programs is responsible for providing comprehensive administrative supports to students and faculty for the post-graduate doctoral programs (DAOM and transitional DACM) at ACTCM at CIIS, and provides other academic support as directed by the Academic Dean.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to ensure administrative supports for the post-graduate doctoral programs.
- Collaborates with admissions office and works with faculty in recruitment strategies and outreach for ACTCM academic programs.
- Assures compliance with federal, state, city and accreditation agencies' regulations, laws and guidelines.
- Collaborates with faculty and Academic Dean to promote a culture of research literacy for ACTCM educational programs.
- Collaborates closely with faculty and ACTCM's academic leaders to integrate research into ACTCM's clinical and educational programs.
- Collaborates with the ACTCM Academic Dean on hiring, retaining and evaluating DAOM and transitional DACM faculty.
- Oversees, and ensures that policies and procedures are maintained in the DAOM and transitional DACM programs.
- Collaborates with the Director of Institutional Effectiveness and Academic Associate Dean on program data collection and ensure that the program achieves established educational goals and objectives.
- Creates and monitors the DAOM and transitional DACM program budgets.
- Coordinates the development and mentoring of capstone projects and case studies in the DAOM program.
- Provides supervision and support to the DAOM staff.
- Participates in the ACTCM Dean's and Program Committees.
- Teaches twelve (12) units classroom courses per academic year.
- Master's degree in acupuncture and Chinese medicine field; Doctorate in AOM field is preferred.
- A minimum of fifteen years of academic administrative, supervisory, and management experience at an accredited or candidate program in acupuncture and Chinese medicine.
- A minimum of fifteen years of experience in teaching AOM at an accredited or candidate program in acupuncture and Chinese medicine.
- A commitment to innovation, improvement and student-centered engaged learning.
- Ability to interact effectively with faculty, students, staff and the public.
- Excellent writing, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Photoshop, and academic software.
- Experience with managing the content of academic program website pages.
- Well-organized, attentive to detail, and able to meet deadlines.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
- Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
- Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
- Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
- Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS is committed to providing an open, fair, inclusive, non-discriminatory environment for all individuals across differences of race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, socio- economic status, ethnicity, age, physical ability, or medical condition. We seek to increase the presence, representation and inclusion of U.S. historically under-represented people of color, international, bilingual and bicultural students, faculty and staff; and, to provide an environment that will attract and retain individuals identified as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, questioning and intersex (LGBTQQI).
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Estimated start date is July 1, 2017.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/mpsks425mmn7qhs6
- 4/11/17, FT Acupuncturist, Lomita, CA
153 Acupuncture & Herbs Healing Center - Lomita, CA
Apply through Indeed.com
153 Acupuncture & Herbs Healing Center is looking for a part time/full time licensed Acupuncturist to join our clinic of dedicated professionals!
Our clinic provides personalized natural healthcare through functional medicine, acupuncture and Moxibustion therapy, herbal therapy, massage therapy, lifestyle and nutritional counseling.
We have a great staff with an exceptional reputation in our community for excellence in natural healthcare services, our peaceful atmosphere, and our compassion and integrity.
The following qualifications are REQUIRED:
- Certified and licensed Acupuncturist by the CA state board
- Fluent bilingual ability (English, Korean)
- Superior communication skills both written and verbal; able to communicate TCM concepts as well as scientific/physiological concepts in terms that patients can readily comprehend
- Willing and able to be trained on our Booker management software system
Hours of Operation:
- Tuesday - Friday: 9:00am-7:00pm
- Saturday: 9:00am-3:00pm
Please e-mail cover letter & resume.
- 4/11/17, FT Acupuncturist, North Reading, MA
Tai Chi Acupuncture & Wellness - North Reading, MA
Apply through Indeed.com
We are a Holistic Wellness Center located in the North Shore area and we are looking to add to our team of passionate healers. We are currently in search of a Licensed Acupuncturist who is credentialed in the state of Massachusetts.
We are looking for someone who is familiar with holistic healthcare and has at least one year of work experience as a practitioner. Many of our patients deal with chronic health issue, so any experience in this area is a big plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: Acupuncture: 1 year
- 4/11/17, Space for Rent, New Braunfels, TX
$600 / 1250ft2 - Health Practitioner Shared Space (1110 W. San Antonio St.)
Looking to share my Acupuncture Clinic Space with another Acupuncturist, Alternative Health Practitioner, Massage Therapist, Physical Therapist, Energy Worker or like minded professional.
$600/mo for 1 room or $800/mo for full clinic use.
1250 ft2 total space. Includes: 14x14 ft room furnished with 2 massage tables, 2 small work tables, large cabinet, wheel chair accessible. Availability for 27x14 ft Lecture/Conference/ treatment room, great for an Acupuncturist who wants to treat both private and Community Acupuncture and learn how to run a clinic. Reduced Rent Available for Trade option with an Acupuncturist.
Clinic is set in a Beautiful 1920's house with healing energy. Easy freeway access, Large Kitchen, fully stocked Herb cabinet, fridge,microwave, Wifi, Receptionist/Practitioner office with 2 desks, ample back lot parking, 2 waiting areas, front and back entrance.
Deposit negotiable, 6 month lease
- 4/11/17, Associate Acupuncturist, Appleton, WI
East Wind Healthcare
Apply through Indeed.com
We are a highly successful acupuncture and wellness clinic looking to expand and are in need of an acupuncturist. We are in the preliminary stages of another expansion and need to identify an acupuncturist to work with us in the Fox Valley area. This is a great opportunity! We know how to get patients, if you know how to treat them! Our clinic was established in 1998 and has supported the owner (acupuncturist) since that time and multiple acupuncturists for the last 4 years.
This position will have a base salary and performance incentives that have netted previous associate acupuncturists $50K per year! We cover expenses such as malpractice insurance and provide paid holidays and vacation time!
Must have the right attitude such that you are willing to fit into to our highly successful model using Balance Method acupuncture as taught by Dr. Tan and Fang Jia Fang herbal treatment as taught by Jimmy Chang. We require at least one year of experience and a willingness to learn. Must be licensed or certified to legally practice by NCCAOM and a state authority (reciprocity in Wisconsin is fairly simple). With you providing the acupuncture and herbal prescription, our experienced team takes care of ALL of the other details (e.g. scheduling, patient education, collecting money, etc..)! All you have to do is treat patients and support the team! If this sounds good to you, contact us as soon as possible!
- 4/11/17, Acupuncturist, Plymouth, MI
Inspired By Me Psychological Wellness, PLLC is looking for an immediate replacement for a very busy acupuncture practice.
Apply through Indeed.com
Hours and pay negotiable. You are welcome to practice other treatment modalities such as gua sha, cupping, and moxa, etc. Please call 734-667-5335 and/or email. Acupuncture license required and 2 years experience is preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience acupuncture: 2 years
- 4/11/17, Space for Rent (Sports Medicine Focus), Austin, TX
This is a new Physical Therapy clinic opening in June/July 2017.
The location is north central, just off of Mopac, in a large medical office building. We would love to include Acupuncture as part of the services we offer.
The room will be used in the morning as a PT evaluation room, but is available in the afternoon/evening, and on weekends. There is a sink in the room, a bathroom/changing room in the office, and bathrooms on the floor of the office as well. The table will already be in the room, and there is a waiting room, and storage for supplies.
Rent is flexible--we can set it up as a full time set rate, or start part time or by patient.
For more information please contact: Quantumtexaspt (at) gmail.com
- 4/6/17, Space for Rent, Austin,
Duplex for rent on landscaped property that would make a wonderful treatment space for an acupuncturist.
2 bedrooms and a large living room. Backyard garden with a bamboo wall and patio.
Possibility of space for four patients at a time and a reception. Plenty of parking on the grounds.
The duplex is located at 5401 Avenue F, Austin TX – a great location near major highways in Hyde Park.
Rent is $1,500 a month.
For more information, call Martha Caicedo at 512-470-1367.
- 4/4/17, Acupuncturist, San Antonio
Full or Part-Time Acupuncturist, San Antonio
I am seeking acupuncturists who would be interested in the patient care side of an existing practice.
I am making inquiries into buying an existing and successful acupuncture practice in the San Antonio area.I would manage the business side.
If interested or for more information, please contact me at your or earliest convenience at 210-867-9860 or resourcetemp (at) yahoo.com.
- 4/3/17, PT Reproductive Acupuncturist, Austin, TX
Senior Reproductive Acupuncturist Wanted - Austin, TX
Successful, fully integrated clinic is seeking a well qualified acupuncturist for a part time position. The successful candidate will be a positive, motivated, and passionate individual with an interest in science-based medicine. A strong foundation in Western medicine and a deep understanding of fertility and reproductive health are required. Candidates must be professional, hard working, and committed to collaborating with a range of healthcare providers and MDs. Texas licensure and NCCAOM certification (including OM) are required, ABORM fellows preferred.
The Texas Center for Reproductive Acupuncture has been serving Central Texas couples and individuals struggling with fertility for almost 20 years. This is a unique opportunity to learn from thought leader and former ABORM president, Kirsten Hurder-Karchmer, with hands on training in her innovate approach in a busy and successful practice.
Training to begin immediately in Austin. Position is approximately 25 hours/week with regular evenings and Saturdays required. Interested applicants should send an email explaining why you want to work with us and what makes you a good fit, along with resume to Kirsten at kirsten (at) conceivable.com.
- 4/3/17, Acupuncturist, Gilbert, AZ
South East Valley Community Acupuncture
$35,000 - $45,000 a year
This is a full or part time position doing community acupuncture. Salary and schedule will be negotiable. I do expect a licensed acupuncturist. Also possible partnership to the right candidate call or text Laura at 480-528-5722
Apply through Indeed.com.
- 4/3/17, FT Acupuncturist, San Francisco, CA
North East Medical Services - Full Time Acupuncturist
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The acupuncturists are to administer specific therapeutic treatment of symptoms and disorders amenable to acupuncture procedures, as specifically indicated by supervising physician.
An acupuncturist is engages in the practice of acupuncture, electro acupuncture, perform or prescribe the use of oriental massage, acupressure, moxibustion, cupping, breathing techniques, exercise, heat, cold, magnets, nutrition, diet, herbs, plant, animal, and mineral products, and dietary supplements to promote, maintain, and restore health.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Taking a detailed case history; which may involve questioning patients about their physical and emotional health history, lifestyle and diet.
- Making a diagnosis and devising a personalized treatment plan.
- Explaining the diagnosis and treatment to the patient and responding to their questions and concerns.
- Provides an accurate diagnosis, supported by medical findings based on standardized examination and techniques generally accepted by the medical community. This includes TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) and Western diagnostic techniques.
- Treating by inserting fine needles into the skin at particular locations to stimulate the energy flow along meridians (energy channels) and the body’s own healing response.
- Incorporating other treatments, such as moxibustion (burning herbs to warm insertion points), electro-acupuncture (stimulating insertion points with small electric currents), acupressure (to loosen and relax muscles), and cupping.
- Provides medically necessary acupuncture, consults, assessments and treatments when requested/authorized by family physicians/specialists.
- Provides quality treatment to cure or relieve the medical condition causing the patient's complaint.
- Documents all treatments and patient's response to acupuncture therapy on patient's chart.
- Performs other job duties as required by manager/supervisor.
- 2 years experience working as an acupuncturist is required.
- Master's degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine or Oriental Medicine. ACAOM accredited education (Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine).
- Post-graduate degree preferred; i.e., Ph.D. in related fields, N.D. (Doctor of Naturopathy), D.O.M. (Doctor of Oriental Medicine).
- NCCAOM Certification (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine) preferred.
- Must possess a current/valid Licensed Acupuncturist from the State of California.
- NEMS is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer welcoming diversity in our workforce.
Persuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- 4/3/17, FT Acupuncturist, Eugene, OR
Seeking Enthusiastic Acupuncturist - Anjuna Medicine LLC
Welcome to Anjuna Medicine, a warm and comfortable healing space. A place where people can escape whatever is bothering them, and you can help dissolve their physical and emotional pain. We are an insurance-friendly, technological savvy acupuncture and massage clinic specializing in sports medicine and mental health illness. Our goal is to make healthcare easy and reconnect people to the delightful experience of medical service.
AN AVERAGE DAY AT ANJUNA
Effectively: *Perform consecutive 60, 90, 120-minute high quality acupuncture and massage sessions. *Design specific treatments based on individual client needs. *Cheerfully promote the health and wellness benefits of regular appointments. *Foster an excellent experience through a friendly and helpful attitude. *Generate new clientele through patient referral and insurance credentialing programs. *Understand and promote Anjuna's philosophy, service offerings and herbal remedies. *Establish and maintain positive communication and working relationships with the entire team, including the CEO and CFO. *Proactively maintain high clinic financial standards relating to ethics, safety, outreach and patient confidentiality.
YOU & THE ROLE
You're an experienced, licensed acupuncturist that is able to stimulate positive energy while effectively and accurately treating patients. You will be responsible for timely and accurate treatment of complex medical chief complaints in sports medicine or mental health, and proactively deliver complete medical SOAP notes without error. You welcome challenges, seek a long-term opportunity and adhere to punctuality, timeliness and ethical medical standards.
YOU ARE: *Proficient in current Oregon acupuncture rules, regulations and treatment plan development. *Knowledgeable in AOM practices and demonstrate a proficient level of professional skill. *Interpersonal, have excellent customer service skills and good communication skills, both written and verbally. *Able to work and thrive in a high paced team environment. *A problem solver and have a willingness to improve processes. *Capable of working independently and completing tasks and assignments with a considerable degree of independence and autonomy. *Willing to perform outside of normal job duties and work the hours necessary to get the job done.
YOU HAVE: *One year of private practice experience in acupuncture or massage preferred. *Experience in Sports Acupuncture or Five Element Style. *Experience with Athletes or Mental Health Patients.
YOU MUST: Posses current and in good standing *"Licensed Acupuncturist" credentials from OMB. *"NCCAOM Dipl. OM" certification from NCCAOM Board. *Be willing to credential with multiple Oregon health insurance companies. *Be able to obtain personal liability insurance. *Be able to pass a background check.
QUALIFIED via Doctorate or Masters in AOM from an accredited AOM school in the United States.
COMPETENCIES & QUALIFICATIONS
Bilingual is preferred (English-Spanish). You are familiar with current technology and willing to engage in continuous learning of new technology platforms. Excellent teamwork and organizational skills are essential to meet company goals, interact with staff, vendors and clients. Problem solving and decision-making are required to multitask and respond to day-to-day challenges. You have the ability to work with multi-cultural and diverse populations, and are willing to participate in staff marketing efforts.
COMPETENCIES: *Integrity. *Honesty. *Kindness. *Acupuncture and Massage Proficiency. *Flexibility. *Communication Proficiency. *Collaboration Skills. *Customer/Client Focus.
In addition to the great salary, holidays and other usual benefits, read below!
At Anjuna we encourage team building and development. This involves an annual staff trip where we close down the clinic and invite all faculty on a group adventure to celebrate the great work of all Anjuna team members. Opportunities for monthly mentor and training sessions for practitioners to learn new techniques and improve their skills and interactions with their clients. Team offsite events each quarter where the entire staff gets the chance to socialize with Anjuna Ambassadors. As well as quarterly social events in the clinic where we invite neighboring businesses, friends and family to join us for food, drinks and treatments.
Please send cover letter with statement of interest and a complete CV to Dr. Nathan J Heide, DAOM, LAc.
- Sports Acupuncture or Five Element: 1 year
- Private practice: 1 year
Required licenses or certifications:
- Licensed Acupuncturist credentials from OMB
- NCCAOM Dipl. OM certification from NCCAOM Board
- 3/30/17, Space for Rent, Atlanta, GA
We are a Chiropractic office with a room currently available for rent to a licensed acupuncturist.
The rent is a flat $400 a month including utilities, Internet, and phone system access that will forward calls to your cell phone. You will then be your own independent business within our office but a the same time be a part of a team that puts patient care first. We currently have Chiropractic, massage therapy, any hypnotherapy practitioners that rent space in the office.
Dr. Judd Weinberg DC
Active Life & Health Center
- 3/30/17, Space for Rent, Austin, TX
We have a beautiful office suite available part time in our facility that houses holistic centered practices.
We currently have practitioners of functional medicine and nutrition, acupuncture, chiropractic, life coaching, and psychotherapy. We have an onsite nutraceutical and herbal store and a very open-minded community with a serene environment near the greenbelt.
The office suite is available for part-time use starting May 1st for $300.00 per month with a 6mo-1 year lease that includes water, electric, janitorial services, shared reception area and kitchenette.
Part-time use would include sharing the suite with an acupuncturist. The space would be yours Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. Pictures were taken when the room was decorated by a previous tenant, it is being rearranged and decorated with some space available for storage and collaboration. In the room currently there is a massage table, a few pieces of storage furniture and a few pieces of art. You can provide your own storage/small pieces of furniture as needed.
Rm size - approx 10' X 13'
Available May 1st 2017
Deposit is one months rent. See craigslist ad for contact information.
- 3/30/17, Acupuncturist, Southern and Central Idaho
St. Luke's Health System - Nampa, ID
Work where you make a difference!
If you’re looking for a place where you can grow in your personal life, in your career, and in your community, St. Luke’s may be just the place for you.
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke’s Health System. We are the state’s largest employer with more than 13,500 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice clinicians. Our employees are dedicated to impacting the lives of those in our community while pursuing a life- changing career at St. Luke’s. Our staff is the reason for our outstanding reputation as both a quality employer and superior healthcare organization. We’re proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue in the same tradition of excellence.
With multiple locations in the beautiful southern and central Idaho, our mild, four season climate means you can play outdoors year-round. Whether you prefer leisurely walks along the river or heart-pounding climbs up a sheer cliff- there is always something to do after work. An exciting mix of urban and outdoor life defines Idaho’s culture, you can ski in the morning and watch a college sporting event at night. It is a great state to raise a family and forge lasting relationships. The cost of living is low, and quality of life is high.
St. Luke’s Health System has an exciting opportunity for an Acupuncturist to join our team!
Promote health and treat neurologic, organic, or functional disorders by the stimulation of specific points on the surface of the body by insertion of acupuncture needles into designated anatomical points.
- Must hold current acupuncture license in the State of Idaho.
- Graduate of a National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (NCCAOM) certified education program that is accredited by Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM), OR Graduate of an approved formal full-time acupuncture program of at least 1,725 hours of entry level acupuncture education which includes a minimum of 1000 hours didactic and 500 hours clinical practice
- Receipt of a passing grade on an NCCAOM Acupuncture Certification Examination.
- Minimum of three years’ experience practicing acupuncture preferred.
Our employees enjoy many benefits, some of the most popular are tuition reimbursement, hospital retirement contributions, and hospital-supported on-going training and education.
#One of American’s Top 15 Health Systems - U.S.News & World Report, "America's Best Hospitals 2015-2016"
- 3/30/17, Office Manager, Austin, TX
Office Manager Position
Fun fast paced Clinical Nutrition/Chiropractic office in southwest Austin seeks an ambitious and highly driven self starter for our office manager position. Must be able to communicate well with clients and staff, be compassionate to client needs, not afraid to take the initiative, embraces a constantly changing environment, be efficient in multiple daily tasks, and who likes to "think outside the box" when it comes to getting things done.
Our clinic is a series of fast moving individual components that must integrate seamlessly to attain an efficient and organized unit capable of providing the best service to our clients.
This is a busy chiropractic office with multiple providers. The office manager will be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Answering phones
- Scheduling patient care
- Assisting the Doctors
- Managing Staff
- Ordering and charting laboratory results
- Managing inventory
- Patient accounts
- Maintaining an overall relaxed, smooth and healing atmosphere
Previous management experience required, previous wellness center, spa, or other clinic setting experiences preferred. Strong customer service skills, outgoing, attention to detail, and accuracy are a must. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel. Quickbooks experience is optimal, and must and trainable on scheduling software.
The perfect applicant will be compassionate and caring and treat each patient as if they are a long lost friend, yet be able to handle stressful and busy situations in a kind and professional manner.
- Patient hours – M,W, Th & F 8:30-1 and 2-5:30.
- Tuesdays are an administrative day/6 hours
- 1 Saturday/month 9 AM - 1PM
Salary position plus bonus structure.
Please reply with a your resume and a 1 paragraph essay of why you would like to work in a wellness center to IWCOfficeManager1 (at) gmail.com
- 3/27/17, Space for Rent, Austin, TX
Group of health practitioner's seeking 1-2 professionals to share treatment rooms inside a bodywork and pilates studio.
2 whole days and 2 half days available for $455/ month, all bills paid. There are some other options at a different rate. Please contact for more details. Perfect for acupuncturists, massage therapists, psychotherapists, midwives, etc. Rooms include a sink, massage table, client seating and storage for your personal supplies. Must have liability insurance and professional license. For more information and to schedule a viewing, please Respond to this ad through email. Thanks.
- 3/27/2017, FT Acupuncturist, Newnan, GA
Healthy Life Chiropractic
A busy health and wellness clinic in Newnan, Ga., which currently offers chiropractic care, massage therapy, and nutrition services, is seeking a Licensed Acupuncturist to add to our team. Please submit an updated resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Apply through Indeed.com .
- 3/23/17, FT Acupuncturist, Nottingham, MD
Licensed Acupuncturist Needed - White Marsh Health & Wellness - Nottingham, MD
Rapidly expanding Baltimore County multi-disciplinary practice in Nottingham, MD (including Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, Acupuncture & Massage) is looking for full time Acupuncturist position to be filled. Enthusiastic, ambitious clinician is a must. Must be licensed in Maryland or be eligible to do so. Competitive pay. We provide comfortable treatment rooms, and provide all office support such as scheduling, billing, insurance verifications, claims processing, you provide superior clinical care.
Send Resume to Dr. Paul M. Abosh, DC, CCSP®, CCEP, CKTP, 8007 Corporate Drive, Suite E, Baltimore, MD 21236.
Job Type: Full-time
Required experience: 1 year
Required license or certification: Licensed Acupuncturist (Maryland)
Apply through this link on Indeed.com.
- 3/23/17, Acupuncturist, San Antonio, TX
Looking for a highly responsible and professional acupuncturist to join my growing practice in San Antonio, TX.
This is an excellent opportunity to quickly start seeing patients, earn a stable income, and be a part of a successful practice that has experienced rapid growth.
Please review the list of requirements for this position:
- Excellent communication skills
- Passionate about Chinese medicine and helping people
- Willing to learn new skills and integrate what I can teach you from my experience
- Professional and clean appearance
- Attentive to detail
- Good bedside manner and needle technique
- Positive attitude
- 2+ years of experience preferred
- Licensed in the state of Texas
I am looking for someone who is serious about becoming a great practitioner and wants to find the right long-term environment to practice in. You can check out my website at www.acupuncturesanantonio.com.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Scot Taylor, L.Ac.
- 3/23/17, FT Acupuncturist, Jackson (Flowood) MS
Sprouted Heart Acupuncture and Wellness, LLC is seeking a self-motivated and friendly licensed acupuncturist to join our team full-time.
Our chief acupuncturist is the first licensee foracupuncture in Mississippi and has been practicing in Jackson for over 8 years and has a loyal following, with many physicians referring to her practice. Currently, there are only 8 licensed acupuncturists in Mississippi and people from all over the state come to our clinic. This is an amazing opportunity to do what you love and are trained to do without worrying about the hassle of starting or running your own business. Mississippi has also just revised their practice act, removing the required physician’s referral for acupuncture, creating a much better business environment for acupuncture, and opening the doors for exponential growth. Eagerness to learn, receive mentorship, and follow guidance from the chief acupuncturist and senior staff is expected. Working to build your own patient base is also expected, but patient overflow from chief acupuncturist is possible while she is creating satellite clinics. Availability to work Saturday and at least one weekday evening is a possibility. New graduates are welcomed and encouraged to apply. Our clinic specializes in pain management and infertility, working closely with clinics in the metro area to provide services to these patients.
Here are a few requirements for the position:
- Must be currently in good standing with the NCCAOM and willing to get a Mississippi acupuncture license.
- Must obtain malpractice insurance per state law.
- Must sign a one year no-compete contract.
- Must be adept in Chinese Herbal medicine as you will have access to a patent pharmacy and supplement inventory.
- Must be willing to contribute to the daily smooth flow of the clinic by helping with side-duties, like turning rooms after patients leave, checking patients out, laundry, answering phone calls, ordering supplies, monthly community outreach events (health fairs, seminars, booths), etc.
- An area of interest or specialty is encouraged.
Deadline for submission is May 1, 2017.
For more information and details on compensation, please send a resume and cover letter to: Jerusha D. Stephens, LAc, FABORM jerusha (at) sproutedheartacupuncture.com
- 3/20/17, Acupuncture Intern, Austin, TX
Light Family Acupuncture is looking for an amazing addition to their team!
Office Assistant, reception, and TCM intern for our fast paced and thriving acupuncture clinic in central Austin. You will be paid to learn!
The position is 10-20 some what flexible hours per week that include: front desk responsibilities, client education and interaction, training in point plotting, needle removal, moxa, cupping, herbal formulas, and many other TCM modalities!
The candidate must be responsible, dependable, enthusiastic, friendly, and confident interacting with clients. Experience with social media a huge plus!
This is an amazing opportunity for anyone interested in pursuing a career in acupuncture and Chinese medicine.
Please send your resume and cover letter via email: Lightfamilyacupuncture (at) gmail.com
- 3/20/17, FT Acupuncturist, Waukesha, WI
Acu-Med Integrative Medicine
Immediate Employment opportunity for full time Acupuncturist, Multi-disciplinary Integrative practice offers medical services, Chiropractic, Acupuncture, physical rehabilitation.
Well Established location and patient base. Must be willing to work with other practitioners in the office. Please forward your resume.
Job Type: Full-time
Required license or certification: wisconsin license acupuncture
- 3/20/17, Acupuncturist, Sacramento, CA
Acupuncturist - Institute for Health & Healing (Full Time/Days)
click here to apply
This position is primarily responsible for providing individual Traditional Chinese Medicine consultations and acupuncture sessions to IHH clinic patients. This position works under the clinical supervision of the IHH medical physician and under the administrative supervision of the IHH Regional Manager. This position works in collaboration with all other practitioners of the IHH clinics to provide exceptional integrative medical care to all patients. This position also collaborates with the other IHH acupuncturists to implement and sustain best practices in the area of acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Provides appropriate body acupuncture to patients during private, one-on-one sessions.
- Takes medical histories in accordance with the principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
- Creates a healing environment of care for patients, including compliance in areas such as hygiene, needle disposal and patient safety in accordance with SMF and Sutter standards.
- Participates as a member of the Clinical Services Team and provides Chinese Medicine recommendations during case conferencing.
- Able to proficiently use Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Utilizes the Electronic Health Record (EPIC) to document patient visits.
- Develops appropriate treatment plan for each patient based on the individual’s specific needs.
- Provides appropriate referral when other treatment is necessary or more suitable.
- Consults with other providers as needed.
- Maintains professional interaction with all patients and staff.
- Participates in integrative medicine trainings and related continuing education programs to maintain and develop diagnostic and treatment skills.
- Participates in the development and implementation of marketing plans to inform the community of the IHH’s Chinese Medicine services.
- Works in collaboration with other clinic Chinese Medicine practitioners to collaborate on best practices.
- Attends clinic integrative team meetings as requested.
- Ensures patient privacy during acupuncture session.
- Brings concerns about all aspects of patient care, including patient complaints, to Supervisor or Manager in a timely fashion.
- Participates in implementing patient satisfaction surveys and reviewing with Supervisor.
Master’s degree in Traditional Chinese Medicine or Oriental Medicine. Holds current license for performing acupuncture in the State of California.
Five years experience working as an acupuncturist required or other relevant life or medical experience. Experience working with a diverse range of conditions and people at a variety of stages of health. Displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and families in stressful health situations, and composure in an emotionally charged environment. Exhibits a desire to work as part of an integrative medicine team. Has genuine commitment to the mission and goals of the Institute for Health & Healing.
Strong background in whole foods diets herbal products preferred. Knowledge of clinical oncology patient needs. Must have knowledge of the field of complementary medicine and be prepared to work toward the appropriate integration of its approaches with conventional medicine. Must be able to work as a member of a dynamic integrative medicine team toward the highest quality service and patient outcomes.
The incumbent comes into contact with key administrative, management, supervisory, and departmental employees; with key leaders and members of the medical staff; with key vendors and suppliers related to departmental and administrative operations; and many peers and other individuals within Sutter Medical Foundation, the Sacramento Sierra Region, and the Sutter Health System.
- 3/20/17, Medical Center Acupuncturist, San Francisco, CA
Licensed Acupuncturist, University of California San Francisco Medical Center
The Osher Center for Integrative Medicine (OCIM) is a research, education, and clinical services program of the School of Medicine.
The mission of the Osher Center is to scientifically research the effectiveness and value of integrative medicine; to provide patient approaches of proven value; and to educate & train students and practitioners in the health professions in a new paradigm of relationship-centered medicine; and to disseminate information on the efficacy of integrative medicine to the medical community and the public.
The Integrative Medicine Acupuncture Specialist, working collaboratively with other practitioners and staff in a team-based approach to patient care, will provide services as a licensed acupuncturist in the state of California. The Acupuncturist reports directly to the Osher Center Clinic Medical Director.
- Minimum ten years of clinical experience
- Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc) in the State of California
- Successful completion of an approved four year acupuncture educational and training program; or an approved acupuncture tutorial program; or an apprenticeship
- Successful completion of a supervised clinical internship-training program approved by the State of California Acupuncture Board
- Successful completion of the Acupuncture examination administered by the State of California Acupuncture Board
- Maintenance of continuing education: maintains an active license by meeting the requirements of State of California Acupuncture Board & focuses professional development in areas relevant to job assignment and career goals
- Strong academic & applied background in Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM). Knowledge and application of TCM principles
- Effective written and verbal communications skills with peers, patients/families, multidisciplinary team members
- Effective teaching skills as preceptor for clinical experience as well as teaching group classes.
- Ability to counsel and educate others
- Ability to work productively with people who have both similar and different backgrounds
- Organization skills and ability to accomplish work without direct daily supervision
- Ability to solve problems & make decisions through critical thinking process
- Computer skills including the ability to learn and effectively use the computerized clinical information and documentation systems used at UCSF Medical Center
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
- Work experience in a large academic medical center teaching hospital
- Experience teaching and supervising Acupuncture interns or other students
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine degree
- Licensed Acupuncturist (LAc) in the State of California
Living Pride Standards
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center’s values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
- 3/20/17, Acupuncturist, Fort Bragg, NC
Health Technician (Acupuncturist), U.S. ARMY MEDICAL COMMAND
Who May Apply: U.S. Citizens
- Applying acupuncture and other Chinese medicine modalities to minimize or eliminate pain resulting from various illnesses, diseases, or injuries.
- Inserting needles at specific points on or near the surface of the skin to restore and normalize physiological functions and prevent or reduce pain in patients.
- Advising leadership on issues surrounding acupuncture care.
- Counseling patients on acupuncture care.
- Evaluating patient progress and modifying treatment when necessary. Writing prescriptions for orthotic devices, materials,and appliances for acupuncture treatment.
Relocation or Recruitment Incentive MAY BE Authorized
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
Experience required: Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: Applying acupuncture techniques and other Chinese medicine modalities to treat a wide range of health conditions; developing or modifying acupuncture treatment plans; counseling and advising patients and staff members on the benefits, effects, and issues of acupuncture medicine.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, abilities) in the following areas:
Knowledge of Acupuncture Medicine
Skill in Applying Acupuncture Techniques
Skill in Communication
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience in order to qualify. For this job, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone--no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959 must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This position requires a National Agency Background Check (NACI).
- This position requires a seasonal Flu Vaccine and any other applicable immunizations.
- This position may require a physical exam.
- If selected and you are unable to complete the conditions of employment within 90 days, the tentative job offer may be withdrawn.
- 3/16/17, Acupuncturists, Charlotte, NC
Modern Acupuncture - Charlotte, NC
$45,000 - $50,000 a year - Full-time, Part-time
Full and Part Time Acupuncturists needed for high volume Acupuncture clinic
Do what you love and enhance the lives of countless others. Join a community of wellness minded individuals on a mission to heal the world one tiny needle at a time. Modern Acupuncture is hiring for our South Charlotte location.
This is an employee position with base pay and bonus potential. We handle all the marketing and admin so you can do what you do best, make people feel better!
- Work up to 40 hours per week with a consistent schedule
- Receive paid training in Modern Acupuncture distal needling techniques
- Supplies, uniforms and malpractice insurance are all provided
- Quickly enhance your acupuncture techniques and outcomes by working in a high-volume clinic
- Work with like-minded, and supportive team members
- Graduate of an accredited acupuncture school
- Certified by the NCCAOM (National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine)
- Current NC Acupuncture license/Ability to get licensed in NC
- Ability to make guests feel safe and comfortable during acupuncture treatments
- Exceptional time management and ability to treat multiple patients per hour
- Willingness to learn and implement new techniques and treatment protocols
- Confident and positive disposition
If interested in this position please respond to this ad with your resume.
- 3/16/17, PT Adjunct Clinic Supervisor, Bloomington, MN
Part Time Adjunct Clinic Supervisor - Northwestern Health Sciences University
An Acupuncture and Herbal Medicine Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of 2-4 clinical interns per shift, including working one-on-one with individual students while overseeing the care, planning and treatment of patients. This position is 4.5-9 hours per week. All supervisors are asked to be available to substitute for each other, and occasionally an immediate on-call opening occurs. Generally, shifts are up to 4.5 hours in length for 15 weeks, however that may change with the term pending class schedule and supervisor availability. This position is term-by-term with potential for long-term placement if supervisory performance expectations are met, and student enrollment numbers allows for the shifts.
In Summer, 2017 available shifts include working with first-and second-term clinic interns in the DeRusha Clinic at NWHSU, servicing students, staff and family members. Attention will be paid to the fundamental skills in clinical reasoning, pattern identifications, and accuracy in needling and adjunctive techniques. Herbal formulas become a highlight in the second term.
Summer term dates: May 1 - August 31 (includes break after term end date of 8/12/17)
Wednesday 8-12 PM
Thursday 8-12 and
- While working one on one with interns, discuss, guide and approve intern's intake, treatment principles, differential diagnosis, treatment principles, strategy, and execution while assuring high quality patient care and education.
- Confirm all diagnostic indicators, point locations, needle placement & technique, and accessory techniques
- Assist interns in defining clinical competency goals on the first clinic shift; using a rubric provided assess student clinical competencies at midterm and end of term.
- Meet all clinical performance, intern supervision and administrative expectations, follow appropriate workflow processes and documentation requirements as outlined for the specific clinic site.
- Attend required trainings and meetings throughout the terms, including mandatory online HIPAA, OSHA, Centricity (our Electronic Health Record system) and other employee trainings.
Minimum Qualifications: Licensed Acupuncturist in State of Minnesota Minimum of 36 months of clinical experience in the field Oriental Medicine degree and/or Herbal Certification College level teaching experience or clinical supervision, preferred Microsoft Office / Word and Excel experience helpful.
- 3/16/17, Practice for Sale, Portland, OR
Integrative Wellness Center for Sale - Portland, OR
Contact:Bridgit Danner, LAc, FDNP
This wellness center is nearly 10 years established and sees 300-400 clients per month for massage, acupuncture, chiropractic and naturopathic medicine. We currently have a staff of 10 employees. The clinic is mainly insurance based, with a higher percentage of cash clients for massage.
We are extremely well-located in a walking neighborhood in North Portland. Our landlord is very fair and our rent is much lower than our neighbors. Many of our clients have been visiting the clinic for years and use more than one modality. They enjoy that they can get everything "under one roof."
The clinic grossed 500 K in 2016 even with the owner not practicing. We have aimed to create an environment that is not dependent on one practitioner, nor overly dependent on the owner. The current office manager and her assistant run all the day to day operations. Our outside billing contractor is excellent at collecting maximum returns.
This clinic is one of the largest in Portland, despite opening during the economic recession and the competitive environment of inner Portland. At this point, very little marketing is required and the clinic nearly runs itself.
Save yourself stress and time and buy a clinic that is already established! This is a great opportunity for the motivated solo practitioner, or a great second location for an established local clinic.
Clinic was valued at $220,000 with an EBITDA of $90,000. Financing is negotiable for qualified buyer. Please contact Bridgit at bridgit (at) bridgitdanner.com for more information.
- 3/16/17, Practice for Sale, San Antonio, TX
Acupuncture Practice for Sale, San Antonio, TX
Acupuncture practice for sale in very popular/lively artisan complex featuring fine dining, esoteric shops, boutique clothiers, a Yoga Studio, future Pilates Studio, and other similar small business endeavors.
Practice includes 3 treatment rooms. Two treatment rooms come fully furnished and well appointed, completely set for practice with all required equipment/furnishings. The third room may be subleased for income or outfitted for treatment. Waiting area, and office area nicely fully furnished. ADA equipped bathroom. All equipment, linens, herbal formulas, supplements and supplies are included. We are unexpectedly moving out of the state (military reassignment) and all current and future patients convey to the new owner.
After all expenses, this growing business’ net is over $40K annually based on a 20-hour work week.
Willing to train and assist with transition, negotiable. $7500 for practice, optional website/name/street signage and 2 years of past SEO for $2500.
Serious inquiries only: metapointacupuncture (at) gmail.com
- 3/13/17, Space for Rent, Austin, TX
$550 offices for lease all bills paid (Lake Creek Office park)
Beautiful office in quiet newly remodeled space.....storage space available plus small kitchen and full size refrigerator. Great for massage therapist acupuncture healer therapist or similar. All bills included.
Contact Karen at (512) 825-0226 with any questions.
- 3/13/17, Business for Sale, Billings, MT
Established Montana Cash Practice for Sale
Acupuncture Eastern Medical Center for sale in Billings, Montana. Practice includes extensive patient records in the neighborhood of 1000, office and exam room furniture, herbs, medical equipment, and supplies.
Practitioner in practice for over 50 years and in current location for over 35 years wanting to retire. Doctor is willing to do some training and assist with transition - subject to negotiation.
With a population of over 110,000, and approximately 9 acupuncturists, there is plenty of room for growth. The local acupuncture community is very friendly.
Asking $35,000, practice can be relocated to another area of Billings. Listed for sale with Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices Floberg Real Estate - contact Korrine Barth or Cal Northam for more info 406-850-2520 Korrine.firstname.lastname@example.org or 406-696-1606 CalNortham@floberg.com.
- 3/13/17, Room for Rent, San Marcos, TX
Satin's Salon Looking for Wellness Professional
Established Salon downtown San Marcos looking for a professional, responsible, honest , reliable Massage therapist, or esthetician! Make your own hours and be your own boss!
Must have current license.
Room rental $500 month includes utilities
Call to set up appointment 512 754 -7791
- 3/13/17, Room for Rent, Austin, TX
$15 / 150ft2 - SoCo massage therapy room for rent (laundry service included)
Cute and quiet three room studio is looking for a therapist to share space with. We have an amazing location right off of south congress and Mary. The room is just the right size for a massage therapist or acupuncturist.
One day per week = $60/day = $240/month
Two days per week = $55/day = $440/month
Three days per week = $50/day = $600/month.
$200 deposit required
Room is currently available Sunday and Monday but a third day is negotiable.
Room per hour: 15/hour. ($200 deposit)
Room is currently available before 1pm, after 6 and all day sunday and Monday.
Call for more info: (512) 350-5428.
- 3/13/17, Acupuncturist, Los Angeles, CA
Cedars-Sinai Hiring Full Time Acupuncturist
Cedars-Sinai Medical Network (CSMN) is committed to delivering effective and efficient comprehensive quality health care to our patients. The CSMN does this through a collaborative care model that embeds a core team of Integrative Health (IH) professionals within a Consultative Care Model, of which the Acupuncturist is a key member. Under supervision of the Integrative Health medical director, the Acupuncturist will evaluate and treat patients in accordance with any reason for referral by the Medical Director/referring physician. The Acupuncturist will regularly review patient treatment response with the Program’s Medical Director and/or PCP or other treating physicians and implement changes to the treatment plan as agreed upon. The Acupuncturist is responsible for liaising with members of the Department of Integrative Health and the external IH referral network to ensure coordination of integrative health services. All activities will be in accordance with state and facility regulation and policy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Formulate herbal preparations to treat conditions considering herbal properties such as taste, toxicity, effects of preparation, contraindications, and incompatibilities.
- Maintain and follow standard quality, safety, environmental and infection control policies and procedures.
- Maintain detailed and complete records of health care plans and prognoses.
- Adhere to local, state and federal laws, regulations and statutes.
- Assess patients' general physical appearance to make diagnoses.
- Collect medical histories and general health and life style information from patients.
- Dispense herbal formulas and inform patients of dosages and frequencies, treatment duration, possible side effects and drug interactions.
- Consider Western medical procedures in health assessment, health care team communication, and care referrals.
- Treat patients using tools such as needles, cups, ear balls, seeds, pellets, and nutritional supplements.
- Evaluate treatment outcomes and recommend new or altered treatments as necessary to further promote, restore, or maintain health.
- Apply moxibustion directly or indirectly to patients using Chinese, non-scarring, stick, or pole moxa.
- Apply heat or cold therapy to patients using materials such as heat pads, hydrocollator packs, warm compresses, cold compresses, heat lamps, and vapor coolants.
- Analyze physical findings and medical histories to make diagnoses according to Oriental medicine traditions.
- Develop individual treatment plans and strategies.
- Treat medical conditions using techniques such as acupressure, shiatsu, and tuina.
- Insert needles to provide acupuncture treatment.
- Identify correct anatomical and proportional point locations based on patients' anatomy and positions, contraindications, and precautions related to treatments such as intradermal needles, moxibution, electricity, guasha, and bleeding.
A. ADMINISTRATIVE ROLE
- Assist with developing written program policy and procedures
- Help to establish the acupuncturist role within the embedded IH care team
B. DEVELOPMENT OF A TREATMENT PLAN
Under the supervision of the IH medical director, the acupuncturist, together with the patient and any other members of the relevant care team, will establish a mutually acceptable plan of care that maximizes health potential. Formulation of the treatment plan includes:
- Setting treatment goals for patients
- Monitoring progress towards goals
- Communication with all members of the care team
C. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE PLAN
Actions by the Acupuncturist are:
- Consistent with the appropriate plan of care
- Based on scientific principles, theoretical knowledge, and clinical expertise
- Consistent with teaching and learning opportunities for patient and caregiver
- Optimizing the patient’s health care benefit coverage
- Documentation of assessment and findings in the medical record.
- Regular communication with patient’s primary treating physician
- Prescribing pharmacologic agents and non-pharmacologic therapies
- Providing relevant patient education and teaching
- Making appropriate referrals to other health professionals and community agencies
- Facilitating collaboration among interdisciplinary team members in the plan of care
- Assessing patient readiness for changes in visit frequency and/or discontinuation of treatments or services
D. FOLLOW-UP AND EVALUATION OF PATIENT STATUS
The Acupuncturist maintains a process for systematic follow-up by:
- Determining the effectiveness of the treatment plan with documentation of patient care outcomes
- Reassessing and modifying the plan as necessary to achieve health goals.
- Educational interventions should include: an initial assessment of health history, resource use, risk factors, cultural influence, health beliefs and behaviors, support systems, socioeconomic factors and learning barriers
- Utilizes patient data, current research and goal setting to meet educational needs of patients and their significant others
- Assesses existing knowledge and/or recent teaching
- Manages acute and chronic care needs
E. THE ACUPUNCTURIST’S PRACTICE MODEL EMPHASIZES:
- Patient and family education
- Facilitation of patient participation in self care
- Promotion of optimal health
- Facilitation of entry into the health care system
- The promotion of a safe environment
The Acupuncturist participates as a team member in the provision of health and medical care, interacting with professional colleagues to provide comprehensive care.
The Acupuncturist maintains accurate, legible and confidential records.
The Acupuncturist participates in continuous quality review, including systematic review of medical and other records and treatment plans on a periodic basis, maintains current knowledge by attending continuing education programs.
It is the responsibility of the acupuncturist to keep the collaborating physician(s) informed of his/her practice and to seek assistance, refer the patient to the physician or obtain further instructions from the physician whenever doubt exists or prudent medical practice dictates.
Demonstrates behavior which supports the Cedars-Sinai Health System mission. Attends required orientation and training seminars. Meets production standards within established time requirements. Work product and performance meet community standards. Demonstrates respect and positive interpersonal skills with patients, clients, the public, managers and co-workers. Maintains confidentiality of patient care and business matters. Observes time, attendance and dress code standards. Protects the safety of others and of the physical plant and equipment, following institution policies for fire, safety and infection control regulations. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed: They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required in the performance of this position.
Cedars-Sinai will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories, in accordance with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Acupuncturist are licensed with specialized education to provide health and medical care for diverse populations in a variety of primary, acute and long term care settings.
The Acupuncturist must have the following education and training:
- Complete a three or four year acupuncture program from a certified educational institution
- Licensed with the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Experience working in a collaborative care integrative health model in ambulatory care or as a provider in a primary-care-based integrative health model strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of population health practices and tools and managed care principles preferred
- Experience working with patients with chronic pain and other chronic comorbid conditions highly valued
- 3/11/17, Acupuncturist, Richmond, VA
Health Link Family Chiropractic - Mechanicsville, VA
Great opportunity licensed acupuncturist in Richmond, VA area!
Looking for Five Element Acupuncture graduate with license in Virginia. 10 year Five Element acupuncturist and herbalist with busy wait-list practice in wellness center seeks independent contractor. Family owned wellness center offers chiropractic, massage, nutrition, yoga and more! A very healthy, supportive and enjoyable place to work! Practice located 10 miles east of Richmond.
Please submit cover letter and resume through indeed.com.
- 3/9/17, Acupuncturist, Wasilla, AK
Ancient & Modern Pain Solutions
We are looking for a motivated, friendly, humble, detail-oriented leader to fill a part-time position for Licensed Acupuncturist in Wasilla, Alaska immediately.
The Licensed Acupuncturists is responsible for conducting diagnostic investigation; creating, following through with, and recording treatment plans; directing and instructing an assistant; and interacting with patients, staff and other providers in a professional manner.
- NCCAOM Diplomate of Acupuncture Certification AND
- The ability to obtain, or current possession of, an Acupuncture license for the State of Alaska AND
- At least a Master's degree in Acupuncture or Oriental Medicine OR A valid Acupuncture license issued by your state or national government PREFERABLE
- Bachelor's degree in sports/exercise science, biology, health or related field
- Knowledge/degree of herbal medicine
- Strong knowledge of anatomy
- Knowledge of/specialty in treatment of pain
- Knowledge of contemporary physical diagnostic methods including musculoskeletal, neurological, and orthopedic examinations.
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Patient care
- Case management
- May have opportunities to participate in Presentations/Workshops/Seminars
- Inter-provider and patient communication
- Other duties as assigned
- Competitive Salary DOE and Benefits.
- Please send a copy of your Resume and cover letter to info@AncientModernHealth.com
ABOUT OUR CLINIC
Located in the majestic mountain surrounded Mat-Su Valley of Alaska, our clinic treats mainly pain andneuropathic conditions with a secondary emphasis on TCM and internal medicine.
Our aim is to combine time-proven traditional medical practices with contemporary examinations and therapeutic techniques.
Traditional Chinese Medicine and Contemporary Allopathic Medicine tend to view disease differently and tend to convey those views differently enough that to one the other seems gibberish, charlatanistic, naive, over-complex, or oversimplified. Our aim is to bridge this existing gap and to build unity and understanding in the medical community. So at our clinic there is no East vs West or old vs new. We combine the knowledge we have available to us and learn to convey it in a language that others can understand.
- 3/9/17, Spa Acupuncturist,San Juan, PR
Trilogy Spa Holdings is looking to hire part-time Acupuncturists at The Red Rock Spa (El San Juan).
Trilogy Spa Holdings is a professional spa management company dedicated to creating and operating the most innovative, service-centric and performance optimized branded spas in the hospitality industry.
The ideal candidate desires to be a Partner at Trilogy, not merely an employee. We are seeking someone who wants to make a difference in the lives of our guests, hotel partners and owners!
The Acupuncturist will deliver the member and guest acupuncture experience to the highest level of El San Juan standards. This key professional role includes world-class acupuncture treatments and cupping. Actively participate as needed to support spa management in the marketing and promoting of healing therapy/wellness services. The Acupuncturist is expected to protect the health and safety of all members, guests and staff.
- Masters or Masters Level degree in Acupuncture from an accredited 3-year full time clinical acupuncture program.
- Board Certified through the National Certification Commission on Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine.
- Duly qualified and licensed to practice in Puerto Rico.
- Minimum of 3 years performing acupuncture treatments.
- 3/9/17, Acupuncture, New Brunswick, NJ
Maximum Health & Wellness, Full-time & Part-time
We are a multi-disciplined clinic consisting of physical therapy, chiropractic, massage therapy and acupuncture. We currently have positions open for NJ state licensed acupuncturists.
Our facilities are dedicated to a tranquil and relaxed environment. Applicant must be licensed, have a working knowledge of acupuncture and be a motivated self-starter with the desire to succeed. The candidate we hire will be great at presenting and executing treatment plans to patients. Full-time and part-time positions available. All interested candidates should email their resumes to address provided.
Salary to be discussed in person, based on experience.
*MUST BE LICENSED IN THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY*MUST HAVE OWN MEANS OF TRANSPORTATION*MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WELL WITH OTHERS*MUST BE ABLE TO MULTI-TASK IN A FAST PACED WORKING ENVIRONMENT*MUST BE AVAILABLE TO WORK EVENINGS
Apply here on Indeed.com.
- 3/9/17, Acupuncturist, Pearland, TX
SFV, LLC - Pearland, TX
We are in the process of hiring Licensed Acupuncturists for new national wellness clinics located in the Houston Area. Acupuncturists needed for distal needling techniques including essential and cosmetic treatments. High impact opportunity!
Job Type: Full-time
Apply here on Indeed.com.
- 3/9/17, Acupuncturist, Austin, TX
Sage Acupuncture is a patient-centered clinic specializing in fertility, pregnancy, and a broad spectrum of hormonal imbalances, in Austin Texas.
We provide a welcoming atmosphere in which patients are supported from pre-conception, pregnancy, and throughout their reproductive years.
We are looking for the perfect acupuncturist to join our team. The ideal candidate will be motivated, highly organized, and enjoy a collaborative approach. They must understand the treatment of infertility from both the Western and TCM perspective as well as the stages of pregnancy. They must possess the ability to manage many complex cases medically and energetically while being self-motivated to promote, build, and maintain a strong patient base.
We are seeking someone with exceptional customer service skills who enjoys learning new systems, is compassionate, confident and professional. Must have a flexible schedule and be able to offer longevity in the position.
Sage practitioners are provided with fully stocked treatment rooms, HIPPA compliant cloud-based scheduling, EHR, clinical guidance from senior practitioners, the opportunity to expand their practice, and comprehensive employee benefits.
Required for applicants:
- 2 years of clinical experience preferred
- Passion for treating infertility and pregnancy with post-graduate training in obstetrics, gynecology, and fertility
- Commitment to working toward ABORM certification if not currently a fellow
- Masters degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine from an ACAOM accredited program
- NCCAOM Diplomat in Oriental Medicine Board Certification
- Texas Acupuncture License
To apply, please send your resume and a letter of interest with the subject line "Acupuncture Position" to sadie (at) ReproductiveAcupuncture.com
Please answer the questions below individually and completely as part of your letter of interest.
- Why are you passionate about specializing in fertility?
- Why are you interested in working collaboratively rather than on your own?
- What do you feel are your strengths in relation to this position?
- 3/7/17, Space for Rent, Austin, TX
Two rooms available for rent in West Lake Hills near Walsh Tarlton off Bee Caves across from Synergy Dance studio.
One room is very large and open Tuesdays and Thursdays. This would be shared with myself. Looking to rent by the day or hourly $20/hour or $85 for the day.
The other oom is aproximately 10x10 and could be hourly or monthly for $750.
You are your own boss. There are 5 treatment rooms in the space. We have 2 female massage therapists, one is dual licensed and does skincare as well as brow restoration (that's me), and we have one male that offers electro muscle stimulation and lipolaser treatments.
I would love to find an acupuncturist to fill the space but open to other ideas as well and you are welcome to decorate the one room that's not shared with me as you wish.
If you are interested, please contact me and tell me a bit about yourself and what your needs are and your availability to view the space.