Grace Tan, PhD, MD (China)
Shengyan ‘Grace’ Tan, LAc, PhD, MD (China), OMD (China)
Department of Integral Studies
PhD, Chengdu University of TCM, 2011
MMed, Chengdu University of TCM, 2008
BMed, Chengdu University of TCM, 2005
For four years, Grace Tan served as an acupuncturist, herbalist, and clinical supervisor in the ENT and Ophthalmology Department of the teaching hospital of Chengdu University of TCM. She has also served as a clinic interpreter, instructor, and lecturer and has published several peer reviewed papers. She is the first PhD-trained TCM practitioner specializing in ophthalmology to teach in the United States. Dr. Tan brings energy, knowledge, and clinical experience to the AOMA faculty. At AOMA Tan teaches TCM Diagnostic Skills I and II, Herbal Safety, Herbal Patents, and Clinic Theater 1, and supervises clinic rotations. She has been a faculty member and clinical supervisor at AOMA since 2011.
Opthamology, Macular Degeneration, Sinusitis, TCM herbal formulas
1. "Clinical Research on Treating Pancreatic Cancer by the Method of herbal medicine", Traditional Chinese Medicine Education. 2005;1.
2. "The Overview of Herbal Treatment Towards Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD)", Traditional Chinese Medicine Education. 2007;2.
3. "The Treatment of Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD) with Chinese Medicine", Thieme Almanac. 2008 :79-85.
4. "The Treatment of Vitreous Hemorrhage with Chinese Medicine", Gansu Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2008;5.
5. "Wu-Lun and Xuan-Fu Theory of TCM Ophthalmology", Forum of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 2010;5.
6. "Application of Wu Wei Zi ( Fructus Schisandrae Chinensis ) in Compatibility Rules", Shanxi Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine . 2010;10.
1. Classic herb preparation skill and techniques (Pao Zhi), Munich, Germany, July, 2011
2. Herbal treatment towards sinusitis, Chengdu, China, June 2010
3. Chinese ophthalmology theory and its application, Chengdu, China, March 2010
4. Standards for Processed TCM-drugs, Workshop of European Pharmacopoeia Commission , Chengdu, Guangzhou, China, September 2009
5. Acupuncture for eye diseases, The 1st Sino-German Int’l Symposium on Acupuncture & Moxibustion, Chengdu, China, July 2009
6. The secret of TCM, Promoting the Recognition of TCM to be Listed as a World Cultural Inheritance, Chengdu, China, June 2009