Yongxin Fan, MD (China)
Yongxin Fan, LAc, MD (China)
Department of Integral Studies
BMed, Beijing College of Acupuncture and Orthopedics, 1991
Yongxin Fan is an accomplished instructor of traditional Chinese tuina. He practiced and taught as an attending medical doctor and instructor in the Acupuncture Institute at the Chinese National Academy of TCM and at the Beijing International Acupuncture Training Center. A member of AOBTA, Yongxin Fan has lectured and worked as a visiting professor in Holland, Germany and Japan. He has more than 16 years of clinical experience and his research has been published in the National Journal of TCM. He specializes in applying an integrated therapy of acupuncture, herbs and tuina to treat various pain syndromes, acute and chronic articulation and muscle injury lumbago, recovery of fractures, headaches, stress, allergies, insomnia, and gastrointestinal disorders. Fan has been on faculty at AOMA since 2002.
Research Areas: pain, soft tissue injury, musculoskeletal and degenerative joint disorders
American Organization for Bodywork Therapies of Asia
China Organization for Acupuncture and Moxibustion
Licenses & Certifications:
Certified instructor of AOBTA
Texas State Board of Medical Examiners Acupuncture License
Approved massage therapy continuing education provider through the Texas Department of State Health Services, CE1415
Excellence in Teaching – International Acupuncture Training Center, Beijing, China
Lecture on Sports Injury at the Southwest Symposium, AOMA, March 2008
KXAN Smoke Out, November 19, 2008
Gila Corporation, October 2, 2008
1. "The Nerve Root Type Cervical Spondylopathy Treated by Massotherapy with an Observation of Mircocirculation in the Affected Limb." Journal of Traditional Chinese Medicine (Chinese). Volume 19, 1999.
2. "Treatment of Congenital Dislocation of the Hip Joint with Traditional Chinese Medicine." The Journal of Beijing College of Acupuncture and Orthopedics. Volume 1, 1991.
3. Treatment of Soft Tissue Injuries (co-author). Traditional Chinese Medicine Publishing House. 1995
4. One Hundred Tuina Techniques (co-author). Traditional Chinese Medicine Publishing House. 1992
5. The Clinical Handbook of Traditional Chinese Medicine Ortohpedics (co-author). Traditional Chinese Medicine Publishing House. 1991