While studying at AOMA, you'll discover a welcoming community of faculty and students engaged in the interactive pursuit of knowledge. Beyond the classroom, students have ample opportunity for personal enrichment through the weatlh of cultural and extracurricular activites availalbe in Austin, Texas.
One of the fastest-growing cities in the United States, Austin is known for its uniquely laid-back lifestyle, world-class music and arts district, and as thriving hub of business and technology. This dynamic environment stands as a rich backdrop to AOMA's academic programs, enabling students to find community both on campus and outside the classroom.
AOMA is a top Chinese medicine school in the United States that offers regionally and professionally accredited master's-level and doctoral-level graduate programs to students from around the world. International students at AOMA come from many countries, including Peru, Mexico, Brazil, China, Taiwan, and South Korea.
International applicants must meet all of the same admissions requirements as domestic students.
- Master's Program Admissions Requirements
- Clinical Specialty Doctorate Program Admissions Requirements
- Professional Doctorate Program Admissions Requirements
Applying For Admission: Required Documents
In addition to submitting all of the materials required of domestic students, international applicants are required to submit the following documents.
- All documents and fees required of US applicants
- Official transcript(s) for all previous academic work
- All transcripts must be in English.
- All transcripts must be sent directly to AOMA from the institution where the work was completed.
- Transcript evaluation report from a recognized provider of foreign academic credentialing services.
- This credentialing report must be sent directly to AOMA from the credentialing service.
- For a list of recognized, approved credentialing services, please click here.
- Documentation of English Language Proficiency. (See English Language Proficiency below)
- Documentation of financial resources sufficient to demonstrate the ability to live and attend school in the United States for the first 12 months of study.
- Download Certification of Financial Responsibility form
English Language Proficiency:
Applicants to AOMA who are international (non-immigrant) students from a non-English speaking foreign country, or who are U.S. permanent residents whose previous education was completed in a non-English speaking foreign country, are required to demonstrate English language proficiency.
Principal Designated School Official (PDSO):
Dean of Students
- Students already in the U.S.
Transferring from Another School:
Students who already in the U.S. and are attending another SEVP certified college or university may be eligible to transfer to AOMA and continue their studies on an existing F visa. Students seeking to transfer to AOMA should contact a Designated School Official (DSO) and complete a Transfer Release Form during the application process.
- Additional Resources
- Student Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP)
- EducationUSA (US Dept. of State)
- Study in the States (US Dept. of Homeland Security)
Health Insurance Resources:
AOMA is listed in SEVP as “Academy of Oriental Medicine, Austin”