Demonstrate English Language Proficiency:
- Tests should be taken as internet based. Paper based tests are no longer acceptable on or after January 1, 2019.
- MAcOM and DAOM applicants must score a total score of at least 61 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language Internet-Based Test (TOEFL® iBT), including a minimum speaking exam score of 26 and a minimum listening exam score of 22.
- DAcOM applicants' acceptable scores: TOEFL iBT total score – 80 and TOEFL iBT speaking score – 26.
- As an alternative to submitting an official TOEFL score report, international applicants may instead demonstrate English-language Proficiency by submitting an official score report from IELTS (international Language Testing System).
- MAcOM and DAOM applicants must have an overall band score of a level 6.
- DAcOM applicants must have an overall band score of a level 6.5.
TOEFL and IELTS - Effective January 1, 2020
All programs: the acceptable scores are identical across all ACAOM graduate-level degree programs, and are consistent with comparable health professions under the Federal Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
TOEFL iBT total score – 80 and TOEFL iBT speaking score – 26.
IELTS overall band score 6.5 (Academic Format) and IELTS spoken band score – 8.0.
Exemption from Examinations:
Alternately, applicants may be exempt from the requirement to submit a TOEFL or IELTS score report if they have demonstrated English language proficiency through the completion of at least two years (60 semester credits/ 90 quarter credits) of baccalaureate-level education at an institution accredited by an agency recognized by the United States DOE, or from an equivalent English-language institution in another country.