Admissions Requirements – International Students
AOMA welcomes qualified applicants to apply from outside the United States and is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant students. In addition to meeting all admissions requirements for US applicants, international applicants must submit the following items:
- All documents and fees required of US applicants
Official transcripts for all previous academic work
- All transcripts must be in English.
- All transcripts must be mailed directly to AOMA from the institution where the work was completed.
Transcript evaluation by a recognized provider of foreign academic credentialing services.
- This credentialing report must be mailed directly to AOMA from the credentialing service.
For a list of recognized, approved credentialing services, click here.
- We do not specifically endorse any one service. We recommend choosing a service that is in close proximity to your home, responds to your initial request promptly and cordially, and allows you to speak with a live customer service representative throughout the evaluation process. Unless you are attempting to transfer in courses, AOMA does not require a course-by-course evaluation. For most applicants, a general transcript evaluation, demonstrating degree received, will suffice.
An original Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) score report from the Educational Testing Service (ETS)
- Minimum score required: at least 85 on the internet-based test with minimum scores of 22 and 26 in listening and speaking respectively OR 508 on the paper-based test.
- Applicants who have completed their academic prerequisites in the US or other English language institutions are not required to submit a TOEFL report.
Documentation of financial resources sufficient to demonstrate the ability to live and attend school in the United States for the first 12 months of study.
- Download Certification of Financial Responsibility form.
Completed applications will be evaluated by the director of admissions and the admissions committee. After this initial evaluation, applicants may be granted an admissions interview. Acceptance or rejection will be communicated within one week of completion of the admissions interview. Applicants are encouraged to apply well in advance of their preferred entry date.