AOMA is now in Phase III of its’ response plan
AOMA Clinics are temporarily closed March 17 - 30, 2020.
However Chinese Herbal Telemedicine will be available starting March 21, and herbal prescriptions will be filled for pickup or shipping.
Taking guidance from the CDC and local health authorities, AOMA is making decisions regarding exposure concerns:
- We will discontinue holding onsite clinics for the next 2 weeks – Tuesday March 17th through Monday March 30th
- Offsite clinics will be discontinued through the end of the term – April 10th
- AOMA Herbal Medicine North and South will be closed for the next 2 weeks – Tuesday March 17th through Monday March 30th
- Beginning Tuesday March 17th, all didactic learning will take place virtually via Zoom. Classroom activities on AOMA’s campus will discontinue for 2 weeks – Tuesday March 17th through Monday March 30th.
- AOMA’s request for a distance learning waiver was approved by ACAOM late on Friday March 13th, allowing us the ability to execute this plan starting this week.
- AOMA leadership will continue monitoring and assessing, as closures may be extended based on national and local developments. Additional information will be posted on the front page of www.AOMA.edu – please check there for ongoing updates.
- AOMA will make every effort to ensure students graduate as timely as possible. AOMA will also be working closely with faculty to ensure they have the resources and training needed to conduct distance learning via Zoom.