Course schedules are published approximately one month prior to online registration for the upcoming term. Schedules outline both didactic course offerings and all available student clinical rotations, and are available via pdf below for each program level.
- Master of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Course Schedules
Didactic Schedule - Posted 5.15.2019 (Subject to minor changes - check back before online and clinic registration to confirm days and times; check back before classes start for updated room assgnments).
Schedule CHANGES 5/15/2019:
- TCM Diagnostic Skills 2 – Meets Tues/Thurs MORNING (changed from afternoon).
Clinic Theater 1 – Meets Tues/Thurs AFTERNOON (changed from morning).
Practice Management – Meets Tues/Fri AFTERNOONS (changed from Friday mornings).
Dr. Xu’s Classes – Changed to meet weeks 2-7 (not 3-8).
- Schedule Notes:
- Most Classes meet Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs.
- Practice Management will be on Tuesday afternoons and Friday AFTERNOONS (this was changed from original posting).
- Anatomy & Physiology 3 will meet Tuesday and Thursday EVENINGS.
- Summer clinics are 24 hours/rotation (3 hrs/week for 8 weeks, as opposed to 3hrs/wk for 12 wks = 36 hours/rotation).
- Consider Shiatsu! Shiatsu is a type of acupressure bodywork therapy that we are currently offering as an elective, Tuesday mornings in the Summer 2019 term.
- North Clinic - Posted 5/10/2019
- South, Offsite, & Community Clinics - Posted 5.15.2019
- ADDITION: Integrative Case Review @ People’s Community Clinic – 0.5 Credits – 1.5 hrs/week, Thursdays 12:15-1:45 before clinic. People’s Community Clinic Interns can enroll in this 0.5 credits to get 12 hours toward your “Specialty/Focus Choice” Clinic hours. The Case Review is People’s interdisciplinary team of MDs, RNs, counselors, legal staff, and now acupuncturists that discuss cases each week. It’s a great experience for professional development and your portfolio!
- Summer 2019 Registration & Add/Drop Schedule:
- Mon. May 20 - Fri. June 21: Online Registration through Student Portal (Check your email for your Registration Packet with more info).
- Mon. June 3 & Tue June 4: In-Office Clinic Registration
- Wed. June 5: Start of Free Add/Drop for Clinic shifts
- Friday, June 21 - End of the Free Drop/Add Period, Close of Online Registration
- Mon. Jun 4 - Fri Jun 28 - Clinic Partner Book available for sign-ups
- Mon. June 24 - Friday, July 19 - $30 Course/$60 clinic drop/add fee; dropped courses will not appear on transcript.
- Fri. July 26 (week 1) - fee + 100% tuition refunded (any courses dropped after the start of the term will have a grade of "W" for withdrawal, which does not impact GPA).
- Fri. Aug 2 (week 2) - fee + 75 % tuition refunded
- Fri. Aug 9 (week 3) - fee + 25% tuition refunded
- Fri. Aug 16 (week 4) - no fee, no tuition refunded
- Week 5 and after - Check with an advisor before dropping. If exams have been administered, grades for dropped courses will be "WP" (Withdraw-Pass) or "WF" (Withdraw-Fail).
- Didactic Schedule - Update Posted 4.12.2019 - Cancelled courses (Nutrition, PA:Internal Medicine, Updated ROOMS (Previous Update 2/15: new order for NCCAOM Board Prep Class on Tuesday afternoons; Update 2/6/19: NEW Time for Herbal Treatment of Disease 1 (HT 0332) on Wednesday afternoons; Update 2/5/19: Tuina 1 & 3 switched). (Subject to minor changes - check back before classes start for updated room assgnments).
- North Clinic - Update 3.19.2019 - Updated Level 1 Rooms, Clinic Cancellations.
- South, Offsite, & Community Clinics - Update 3.19.2019 - Updated Level 1 Rooms, Clinic Cancellations.
- Spring 2019 Registration & Add/Drop Schedule:
- Friday, March 15 - End of the Free Drop/Add Period
- Mon. Mar 18 - Friday, April 12 - $30 Course/$60 clinic drop/add fee; dropped courses will not appear on transcript.
- Fri. April 19 (week 1) - fee + 100% tuition refunded (any courses dropped after the start of the term will have a grade of "W" for withdrawal, which does not impact GPA).
- Fri. April 26 (week 2) - fee + 75 % tuition refunded
- Fri. May 3 (week 3) - fee + 25% tuition refunded
- Fri. May 10 (week 4) - no fee, no tuition refunded
- Week 5 and after - Check with an advisor before dropping. If exams have been administered, grade for dropped courses will be "WP" (Withdraw-Pass) or "WF" (Withdraw-Fail).
- Didactic Schedule - Updated 1/3/2019 - Medical Biochemistry is 2-5pm (not 1-4pm); (12/31/18 Update: Classroom Changes - Correct offering for A&P1 & 3 (Monday mornings) and A&P2 (Thursday mornings)).
- North Clinic - Updated 1/3/2019 - North Thursday afternoon clinic cancellation.
- South, Offsite, & Community Clinics - Update posted 12/19/2018 - no major changes
- Didactic Schedule - UPDATED 9/17/2018 - Room Change Bio Trt Dz 2 Wednesdays; Room changes Mondays - CT2. Please CHECK HERE for UPDATED Room assignments.
- North Clinic - UPDATED 8/23/18 - North Clinic cancellations.
- South, Offsite & Community Clinics - Check back for updates. NOTE: Seton-McCarthy Community clinic has moved to Thursday afternoons.
- Didactic Schedule updated 7/25/2018 - Bio Trt Dz in E1 through wk 6; A&P 1 wks 2-7; (NCCAOM Board Prep Class Wednesdays 5:30-8:30, Weeks 1-4)
- North Clinic updated 7/11/2018
- South, Offsite & Community Clinics UPDATED 7/26/18 - PEOPLE's Comm. Clinic time change
- Didactic Schedule updated 04/10/2018: room changes
- North Clinic updated 4/2/2018: break week clinic dates
- South, Offsite & Community Clinics updated 4/2/2018: break week clinic dates
- Didactic Schedule updated 01/11/2018, classroom changes
- North Clinic updated 12/04/2017, cancelled clinics
- South, Offsite & Community Clinics updated 12/04/2017, cancelled clinics
- Didactic Schedule updated 10/25/2017, Exit Interview date and location changes
- North Clinic updated 09/07/2017, Cancelled rotations, Level 1 rooms
- South, Offsite & Community Clinics updated 09/07/2017, Cancelled rotations, Level 1 rooms
- Didactic Schedule updated 8/2/2017, Intern Meeting times, Practice Labs added
- North Clinic updated 5/30/2017
- South, Offsite & Community Clinics updated 5/30/2017
- Didactic Schedule updated 5/19/17
- North Clinic updated 2/27/17
- South, Offsite & Community Clinics updated 2/27/17
- Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Course Schedules
Spring 2019 - Updated 4/10/19 - NEW Tuesday room assignments; (Revised 4/1/19 clinical supervisors changed)
Winter 2019 - Revision Posted 2/07/2019 - Clinical Faculty Assignments adjusted. New DAOM Student Lunch Meeting Thursday Feb. 21- Please refer to this PDF schedule for room assignments (not the portal). Thank you!
Fall 2018 - revised 11/01/2018 - UPDATED - Paradigms moved from Friday to Saturday; room changes
Summer 2018 - revised 07/11/18 - room changes
Spring 2018 - revised 05/07/18
Winter 2018 - revised 02/22/18
- Academic Calendar
Academic Calendar 2019-2020 revised (added IRB Meeting Dates)
- Exam Schedule
Written and Practical, MAcOM
Winter 17: Practical exams Feb 26 and Written benchmark and exit exams March 25
Spring 17: Practical exams June 4 and Written benchmark and exit exams July 1
Summer 17: No practical exams offered, Written benchmark and exit exams Aug 26
Fall 17: Practical exams Nov 5 and Written benchmark and exit exams Dec 9
Students may register for these exams during registration each term, or by contacting the registrar. Once registered, students will have access to study guides and other details regarding these exams via their student portal.
The below information outlines when the practical exams must be completed.
Level 1 Practical Exam: Completion of a total 144-180 clinical internship hours
Level 2 Practical Exam: Completion of a total 432-540 clinical internship hours
- Course Schedule Glossary
Course title: Corresponds with the course description found in the Program Catalog.
Course number: Starts with the department code that is made up of two to three letters followed by a two to five-digit number. This is a unique number assigned to each course/clinic.
Instructor: If TBA or TBD rather than a given name, an instructor has yet to be assigned to this course/clinic.
Meeting times: Courses/clinics meet for the full term as listed under the day assigned on the schedule. If a class meets on certain dates, or for only part of a term, this will be noted on the schedule. Occasionally we offer classes on only Th/F or S/S.
Rooms: Classes are assigned to classrooms in building E, B, or the dojo. Clinics occur in their respective locations as indicated on the schedule.