Course schedules are published approximately one month prior to online registration for the upcoming term. Schedules outline both didactic course offerings and all available student clinical rotations, and are available via pdf below for each program level.
- Master of Acupuncture with Chinese herbal medicine specialization Schedules
- Didactic Schedule - Update posted Mar.4, 2021 - Advanced Channel Needling cancelled, take in FA-21. Previous Updates: Friday afternoon Practice Labs. ATD2 & 3 switched to avoid Wednesday morning conflict with Pharmacology. Registration Information Packets & Registration Reference Info went out via email Friday, February 5th.The Student and Faculty Portals were down break week, if you were unable to register or make changes, please try again! Email us at Registrar@aoma.edu if you are unable to register for a course you need. Formulas 1 has been corrected from Wednesday morning to Tuesday morning; please register if you were unable to do so previously! (Still working my way through these requests, follow-up next week if still pending)!
- SPRING 2021 CLINIC SCHEDULE - Update 3.4.21, 1:30 pm (12p draft) - 2 added Level 1 rooms. All South Acupuncture shifts are full; see PDF for openings North! All Virtual shifts still TBD (NO Virtual shifts scheduled/tentative at this time). Please note that Herbal Dispensary shifts are SOUTH and Bodywork is tentative depending on whether we will be able to offer it in clinic due to social distancing needs).
- Sorry for the late start to Wednesday's Add/Drop - Please see your email and join the Zoom meeting TODAY (WED, MAR 3) before 1:45pm if you have changes to request! Check back tomorrow for continued add/drop instructions. I will be processing requests for drops, and adds to open shifts, by email, but there may also be another Zoom drop-in time - TBA!
- Clinic Registration for NEW Level 1 Interns:
- NEW Level 1 Interns NOT Enrolled in Winter 2021 Clinic Theater 2 - Check your email for the Zoom link and jump in today (3/3/21) before 1:45pm if you are able! Otherwise, reply with your choices via email, and check back here for instructions for tomorrow morning!
- NEW Level 1 Interns in WI-21 Clinic Theater 2: Thursday, March 4, 2pm (During Clinic Theater 2). (Rescheduled from 2/25/21). Level 1 Rooms are on the PDF Shedule, above. Please plan to know what classes you're taking (and be registered, if possible), and ready to give me your Spring 2021 selections (2 shift choices in Level 1 rooms (See PDF Schedule)). Reagan & I will give more instructions in class, then interns will register with me via zoom!
- (No clinic registration appointment if you're not yet intering).
- We are still experiencing significant business delays due to last week's power outages at the school and the repairs and that are needed. Thank you for your patience!
The end of the Spring 2021 Registration Period (i.e. End of the Free Add/Drop) is Friday, March 12th, please try to have all requests in and changes finalized by that time!
- Didactic Schedule - Update posted 1.18.21. New and UPDATED: ON Campus weeks posted; Herb Lab 3 moved to evenings (Thurs 6pm); Ethics and Legal Issues is now starting on week 5; Wildgoose Qigong on Monday evenings postponed until SP-21; Point Location courses changed to 3 hours for 12 weeks; Medical Biochemistry cancelled for WI-21; Yi Jin Jing Qigong Tuesday evening changed time to 5:20-6:10 pm and no longer conflicts with Patho 2; Intro to Palpation is now two sessions (1= weeks 2,4,6,8; 2= weeks 3,5,7,9). Previous Changes: Pathophysiology 2 moved from Friday afternoons to Tuesday evenings. Sorry for the late change on this! Medical Biology cancelled for WI-21. Previous Changes: Medical Qigong 1 moved to Thursday afternoons. FA-21 Anticpated grads take HTD1, wait for Case Management. Check here for updates to room assignments and virtual vs. on-campus meetings (Classes in red TBD currently).
WI-21 Clinic Schedule - Update Mon 01/04/2021, TUE and WED Evening are EARLIER: 5:45-9:00pm. 12/1/20: MON SOUTH supervisor is Laguna. Still Virtual clinic spots available! Reply back to the email: "WI-21 Zoom Clinic Shifts" sent 11/20/20 with your choices! There is no fee to add a WI-21 virtual shift, and changes can be made to zoom shifts without drop/add fees through Friday, December 4th. In-person shifts and didactic courses should be prioritized over virtual clinic shifts. Check your portal starting Tuesday/Wednesday 12/2/20 for confirmed shifts.
- Only Virtual Observation shifts are available for the WI-21 term, please see email: "WI-21 Zoom Clinic Shifts" (11/20/20) for Registration instructions.
- Winter 2021 Registration & Drop/Add Schedule (End of the Winter 2021 Free Add/Drop Registration Period was Friday, November 20th, 2020).
- Didactic Schedule - updated Sept 22, 2020. Practical Courses on-campus times and rooms updated! Tuina 3 and Point Locations 1, 3 are 4 hours each week for 9 weeks. Changes to meeting times for Thursday afternoon Herb Lab 2 & Clinic Theater 2. Changes to Mindful Somatic Therapies - Zoom 3 hours for 12 weeks. Tues Yi Jin Jing starts 6:15 pm
- Please check back here for Fall 2020 changes in Virtual vs. In-Person meeting plans.
- Tuina 3 and Medical Biology cancelled.
- No need to register for the "Student & Intern Meeting" in the portal, but be sure to attend one week in 3.
- New biomedical instructors!
- Clinic Schedule - Posted 9.18.20. - Cancellations and consolidations.
- Didactic Schedule - Update posted 7/20/2020. Faculty Changes - please note Patents and Public Health start at 6:30 pm
- Clinic Schedule - Update posted 7/20/2020 - NEW consolidated schedule with Supervisor Changes and Virtual Clinics listed
- NEW: CLINIC REGISTRATION UPDATE - Available Shifts - Posted 6/2/20 - 4 HOUR SHIFTS
- Summer 2020 Registration & Drop/Add Schedule - The 8-week Summer 2020 Term runs July 20 to September 11, 2020.
- Didactic Schedule - UPDATE Posted 4.6.2020. Cancellations: Biomed Pharmacology, NCCAOM Board Preparation, Advanced Channel Needling. Shiatsu moved to weeks 7-12, 8:30a-12:30p. Cureville at Kerrville Folk Festival postponed until FA-20: October 8-18, 2020.
- Clinic Schedule - April Updates, Correction POSTED 5.4.20
- Spring 2020 Drop/Add & Registration Schedule
- Didactic Schedule - Posted 1.3.2020. The term begins Monday, Jan. 6, 2020. (End of the Free Drop/Add Registration period was Friday, November 22, 2019).
- Clinic Schedule - UPDATE Posted 2.7.20
- Drop/Add & Registration Schedule
- Didactic Schedule - Posted 9.19.19. FALL 2019 PRACTICAL EXAM: SUNDAY, NOV. 3rd. (Date previously incorrect). Cancelled Courses: Mindful Somatic Therapies, Tuina 2, NCCAOM Board Preparation, Psychology & Clinical Communications, Medical Biochemistry, & Medical Biology. Previous changes: Room changes. Subject to revisions, please check back before the start of classes on Monday, September 23, 2019.
- Clinic Schedule - Update posted 8.22.19. Please Note the NEW FORMAT for the clinic schedule: combined on 1 page, AM on top, PM on the bottom, separated by location, to mirror the didactic schedule. The New Clinic Observation Shifts will be starting in the Fall 2019 term.
- Fall 2019 Registration & Drop/Add Schedule
Didactic Schedule - Update Posted 7.26.2019 (Rev. 7/26; Room and meeting time changes; Subject to minor changes).
- North Clinic - Posted 7/11/2019
- South, Offsite, & Community Clinics - Posted 7.11.2019
- Summer 2019 Registration & Add/Drop Schedule
- Didactic Schedule - Update Posted 4.12.2019 - Cancelled courses (Nutrition, PA:Internal Medicine, Updated ROOMS (Previous Update 2/15: new order for NCCAOM Board Prep Class on Tuesday afternoons; Update 2/6/19: NEW Time for Herbal Treatment of Disease 1 (HT 0332) on Wednesday afternoons; Update 2/5/19: Tuina 1 & 3 switched). (Subject to minor changes - check back before classes start for updated room assgnments).
- North Clinic - Update 3.19.2019 - Updated Level 1 Rooms, Clinic Cancellations.
- South, Offsite, & Community Clinics - Update 3.19.2019 - Updated Level 1 Rooms, Clinic Cancellations.
- Doctoral Residency Week Schedules
Spring 2021 - New! Posted 2/17/2021
Winter 2021 - Updated! posted 02/17/2021 DATE Changes for Feb 18 to Feb 28 and Feb 21 afternoon to March 7, 2021.
Fall 2020 - November Revised! posted 10/29/2020 - ALL doctoral students to attend OSCE training Monday 9/21 1-5 pm and proctor MAc OSCE exams on Sunday Nov 15 8am-5pm. Updated clinic supervisors.
- Academic Calendar
Academic Calendar 2019-2020 revised: Virtual Commencement July 12, 2020
- Exam Schedule
Practical Exams (OSCEs), MAcOM
Winter 2020 - Practical Exams: Sunday, February 23, 2020; Benchmark Exam: Saturday, March 21, 2020.
Spring 2020 - Practical Exams: Sunday, May 31, 2020; Benchmark Exam: Saturday, June 27, 2020.
Summer 2020 - (No Practical Exams in Summer terms); Benchmark Exam: Saturday, August 22, 2020.
Fall 2020 - Practical Exams: Sunday, November 1, 2020; Benchmark Exam: Saturday, December 5, 2020.
Students may register for these exams during registration each term, or by contacting the registrar. Once registered, students will have access to study guides and other details regarding these exams via their student portal. Practical Exams should be taken as follows:
Benchmark Exam: Pre-Internship, same term as Clinic Theater 2.
Level 1 Practical Exam: Completion of 144-180 total clinical internship hours
Level 2 Practical Exam: Completion of 432-540 total clinical internship hours
- Course Schedule Glossary
Course title: Corresponds with the course description found in the Program Catalog.
Course number: Starts with the department code that is made up of two to three letters followed by a two to five-digit number. This is a unique number assigned to each course/clinic.
Instructor: If TBA or TBD rather than a given name, an instructor has yet to be assigned to this course/clinic.
Meeting times: Courses/clinics meet for the full term as listed under the day assigned on the schedule. If a class meets on certain dates, or for only part of a term, this will be noted on the schedule. Occasionally we offer classes on only Th/F or S/S.
Rooms: Classes are assigned to classrooms in building E, B, or the dojo. Clinics occur in their respective locations as indicated on the schedule.